Students meet together for Sunday school from 9:00-10:00 am. Youth are together with adults in corporate worship at 10:30am.
March Sunday school
Youth meet with the adults in the sanctuary for Outreach Month.
Spring Sunday School (April - june)
- 7-8th grade (Room 131): Foundations 1: Doctrinal Overview. A year-long study through the Westminster Shorter Catechism. Taught by Marcus and Ivy Minich.
- 9-10th grade (Library): Foundations 2: Means of Grace. Our spring quarter study is A Praying Life. Taught by Jensen and Lesley Hall.
- 11-12th grade (Room 117): Foundations 2: Apologetics and Critical Thinking. Taught by Nate and Christine Sung.
Redeemer Youth Group (RYG) welcomes all 7 – 12th graders to our weekly gathering at the church. RYG meets Wednesday nights 7:00 – 8:30 p.m in rooms 131/132 for an engaging time of biblical teaching, music, fun, food, fellowship, and a Gospel-centered discussion aimed at meeting students ‘where they are’ in life.
For the 2017-2018 school year we are doing a year-long study through the book of James.
Opportunities to be Servant-Leaders
We want our youth to know they shouldn't wait until they’re adults in order to serve within their spiritual giftings and use whatever God-given talents they have in order to bless, encourage and edify the Body of Christ. Consequently, we provide regular opportunities throughout the year to serve together as a group.
RYG schedules regular social outings in addition to our regular Sunday and Wednesday gatherings. Some social events we have conducted in the past:
- Group Dynamix
- Scavenger Hunt
- Jr High and Sr High Girls Sleepovers
- Guys & Dads Super Bowl Party
- Frisco Roughriders Outing
- Broomball (with other PCA church youth groups)
Further Opportunities to Connect
Every fall, the Redeemer Youth Group attends the Fall North Texas Presbytery Youth Retreat. This venue is a great way for the youth to connect with one another as they are immersed in a Gospel-centered environment for the entire weekend. It’s also a lot of fun.
The Redeemer Youth Group will host a Spring RYG Retreat at Jan-Kay Ranch on April 13-15, 2018. Pastor Jordan Stone will lead us in a study on prayer. It will be a great time of study, fellowship, and worship.
Additionally, high school students have the opportunity in July to attend the Youth eXcelling in Leadership (YXL) summer leadership camp in Horn Creek, CO.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Pray for, Encourage, and Talk with your students…
Please join us in praying for your students as we join in ministry to help encourage, equip, and empower them to love and serve the Lord.
Support Our Ministry by…
- Offering your home for an event
- Being a driver for an outing
- Leading a ministry event
- Providing food for a gathering
- Assisting in the planning of special events